Partner Search

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Auleda 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Link Campus Rome
    Participant

Dear all,

I am, Elisabetta Trenta from the University Link Campus in Rome (www.unilink.it) .
    Our University is cooperating with the Coastal Action Group of Patti (Sicily)
    http://www.gacgolfodipatti.it/index.asp?M=&SB=&LG=LEN&ID=&IDC=
    and we are interesting in making partnership for Interreg MED on Priority axis 1: Strengthening innovation capacities. We would be also interested to make a project about the reuse/recycle of the fishery waste.
    Below I will explain to you the specifics of this project:
    The problem highlighted in Sicily is that when fishermen find waste in their nets (debris, drinks bottles, lighters, driftwood and pieces of fishery equipment, such as nets and floats) they just throw them again in the sea because a collecting system for these wastes is not implemented, boats are not equipped to collect and separate wastes and a system of incentives for fishermen to collect wastes doesn’t exist.
    Probably, if someone picked them up, he should pay to discharge them as “special waste”.
    I think that this problem is spread in many MED regions and probably it would be interesting to search for a common solution.
    Besides the problem of the visible waste there is also the pollution caused by invisibly small plastic particles that could also be addressed by the project.
    I think that this project could cover different modules:
    1) Studying:
    a. Revise studies already done (for example http://ec.europa.eu/environment/integration/research/newsalert/pdf/IR1_en.pdf )
    b. To make a research, in collaboration with the fisherman, to registering the waste that comes ashore in order to document the distribution and presence of litter types in order to directly address makers and users of certain products with information on their products’ impact.
    c. To contribute, with the fisherman commitment, to plankton-sampling programs to analyze plastic particle debris in the samples
    d. Identify possible options for organizing a system of collecting sea waste by fisherman and managing them on the ground;
    e. Identify and studying best practices;
    f. Studying the possibility of creating a system of incentives for fishermen;
    – Survey among fishermen to understand what kind of incentives could be more adapt to induce them to collect the waste from the sea ( Tax exemption; more fishing quota; monetary incentives, etc)
    2) Testing in the partner countries a System of collecting and registering the waste as the easiest measure to implement to taking material out of circulation that might otherwise go back to sea at the next high tide;
    3) Eventually, in case previous projects exist on the same issues, capitalize on projects results and produce projects recommendations and regulatory proposals.
    These notes from me are just an input to brainstorming.
    I’m waiting for your observations.
    Please contact us if interested in: e.trenta@unilink.it – tel: 00390640400295

Auleda
    Participant

Dear Elisabeta!

Auleda is a non-profit non governmental organization established in August 2003 in Vlora, Albania, as part of the international network of Local Economic Development Agencies sponsored by ILSLEDA. It is an independent body, with its own legal structure and functional autonomy, based on a public-private partnership. AULEDA mission is to sustain the social, economic, cultural and environmental development of Vlora region, reinforcing and integrating its own resources according to the principles of human development. We have implemented with success more than 10 projects (IPA, IPA cross border, IPA strategic , Eu fund etc)
    for more information please visit our web page http://auledaphp.auleda.org.al/

I have read your project idea, is very good for the environment, we have some experience in recycling and up-cycling.
    We are interesting to participate as partner for the calls in environment filed .

Best regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Blue growth’ is closed to new topics and replies.