Living Labs concept Introduction in Regional Circular Agriculture (LIRICA)

MED Community Forums Partner search – Modular projects Social & Creative Living Labs concept Introduction in Regional Circular Agriculture (LIRICA)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Elsa Hasa 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    moccelli
    moccelli
    Participant

LIRICA aims at widely adopt a highly innovative business model concept for rural and agricultural regions called Living Lab. Living labs are user-centred, open-innovation ICT enabled ecosystems often operating in a territorial context, integrating concurrent research and innovation process within a public-private-people partnership (PPPs). The basis for the strategic development of a rural Living Lab is in establishing a sustainable stakeholder partnership; users, policy-makers, companies, researchers enter into agreements on the basis of which they may engage in longer term collaboration.
    LIRICA project pays particular attention to Living Labs, since they foster a more sustainable mobilisation of resources, improved cooperation between operators along the value chain and lead to new services. Living Lab utilizes the open innovation concept in a wider sense, with success/failure rate determined by empirically based research key factors. Beside Living Lab concept, LIRICA will foster the penetration of the Regional Circular model in the Mediterranean areas , as well; crucial benefit here are energy efficiency-efficacy, waste re-use and resource management.
    Since there is still a lack of empirically grounded studies in the Mediterranean area, the short term objective of LIRICA is to improve knowledge of business models growing in these rural areas, including a through understanding of their potential in terms of social innovation process. In the long term the project will increase the potential for rural economic diversification and resilience. Given the fact that Living Lab concept is today adopted mostly in Central – North Europe, LIRICA key point will be te establishment of a cooperative platform among Central – North Europe and the Mediterranean area, which will be reflected in “mixed” piloting actions.

saveriod
    Participant

On behalf of Friuli Innovazione, I’d like to express the interest in the project idea. Please find attached a presentation of our Research and Technology Transfer Centre.
    Friuli Innovazione main areas of intervention are: technology transfer, business financing, business start-up, hosting service for enterprises.
    The topic of Living Labs is of high interest for us: Friuli Innovazione is one of the regional hub working as incubator and digital accelerator for local companies, by providing an open-innovation based support,with strong connections in Central and Eastern European countries.
    We have a sound experience in managing Eu funded project and we can count on a network of more than 100 partner all around Europe. May you need further information don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best regards
    Saverio D’Eredità
    saverio.deredita@friulinnovazione.it

giacomo giusto

Dear collegues,
    Città Metropolitana di Catania, expresses its interest to join in your project proposal as a partner
    Our body has some features that we think make it potentially qualified in this regard:
    – it covers a territory where there are several productive districts, concerning especially hi-tech, agro-food and handcraft
    – it has carried out various initiatives to promote innovation, including the financing and the management of an investment fund for innovative start-ups, seminars on open innovation, the creation of an open lab with the University of Catania
    – it has been for years a member of the Enterprise Europe Network
    – it has many years of experience on the participation in transnational cooperation projects.
    Waiting for your kind reply
    Best regards
    Dr. Giacomo Giusto
    Email; giacomo.giusto@cittametropolitana.ct.it
    Office Community Policies Coordinator
    Città Metropolitana di Catania

Christina – Irene Karvouna

I am writing to you on behalf of the European Institute for Local Development (EILD).

European Institute for Local Development (EILD) is a Greek NGO. EILD was founded in 2009 as an independent non-governmental organization whose members are European citizens and organizations interested in supporting regional development activities.

EILD’S mission is to consistently provide innovative high quality services that improve the economic status of regions and the quality of life in urban and rural areas by supporting and promoting experience sharing between its members and partners for sustaining international cooperation, skillful networking and further progress and growth. Our organization’s goals and networks come in support of fulfilling our mission.

EILD is active in various fields such as regional development, environment, development of new technologies and transference of innovation, vocational education and training, exchange of knowledge, information access, capacity building, raising awareness, social cohesion, research and development.

On behalf of our organization, I would like to express our interest in becoming your partner in “Living Labs concept Introduction in Regional Circular Agriculture (LIRICA)”.

EILD could bring added value to the proposal since we are collaborating with many stakeholders such as municipalities, universities, private and public authorities etc. Furthermore, EILD has experienced staff and external collaborators with competences compatible to the nature and the needs of each project and activity.

EILD maintains its own network which consists of 59 members (organizations, NGOs, companies, SMEs, municipalities, Universities, local and regional authorities).

You can find more information for our network, our organization and our projects in our official website: http://www.eurolocaldevelopment.org

EILD has developed proposals in the past and will continue to develop in the future. We take this opportunity to contact you wishing for much fruitful collaboration in the imminent future.

We look forward to your reply and we remain at your disposal in case you seek more information about our organization.

With the kindest regards,

Christina – Irene Karvouna
    Consultant
    European Institute for Local Development – EILD

Carmelo Messina

Dear Martina,
    we want to express our keen interest in a possible partnership related to your project proposal.
    Medoro scarl is a consortium made up of public and private entities, “equivalent public body” under EU Directive 2004/18 / EC of 31 March 2004, based in Catania (Italy), which works in the field of local development and has many years of experience in participation for transnational cooperation projects (Interreg IIIC South, Archimed, EIE, Italy-Malta, Erasmus +), particularly in the field of sustainable tourism, environment, energy, enterprise promotion and public administration innovation.
    In his staff there are also some components with qualified experience in territorial development government processes, in innovation promotion (funding to start-ups, dissemination of open innovation, support for local authorities by EU funds, etc.) and in training courses for young people aimed to job creation and vocational qualification/requalification
    Medoro is now partner in a Erasmus+ project named “Father and Son in EU”. It is an experimental training course for young students of a technical secondary school, which aims to provide them with skills and above all psychological and motivational support to deal with an entrepreneurial adventure.
    Moreover, one of Medoro’s partners has realized a project aimed to valorize local rural itineraries, with the contribution of European Founds for Rural Developement
    VERY IMPORTANT : Medoro is also able to propose as partner the regional entity Parco Fluviale dell’Alcantara, with whom Medoro was technical partner for the Project FREEMED (MED 2007-2013), concerning the requalification and valorisation of river areas

Waiting for your possible feedback
    Best regards.
    Dr. Carmelo Messina
    President of Medoro

IbamCnr

Good Morning,

I’m writing you on behalf of the Institute for Archeological and Monumental Heritage of the Italian National Research Council (IBAM CNR).

CNR-IBAM is an interdisciplinary scientific structure with competences in the fields of knowledge, documentation, valorisation and communication of Cultural heritage with a strong focus on ICT tools as products for the enhancement of the cultural creative industries.

One of our recent outputs is the Catania Living Lab, the first Sicilian laboratory aiming to spread innovative ideas on Cultural Heritage, engaging people and developing learning focused actions on Cultural Creative Industries. Organisation’s team consists of dedicated professionals who have developed innovative ways of working, especially in the topic of Informatics Applications, Digitization and 3D elaborations and also in Immersive Photography, 3D Rendering, Storytelling and Social Media Communication.

We want to express our interest in a possible partnership related to your project proposal.

Best Regards
    Giuseppe Spina
    http://www.ibam.cnr.it/en/
    Contact mail: partnersearch.ibamcnr@gmail.com

Kostis Terzis
    Kostis Terzis
    Participant

Dear,
    Representing the Municipality of Skyros Island (www.skyros.gr), Greece, as its technical consultant and EU programs responsible person, I hereby inform you about our interest in your project.
    Our Municipality has implemented similar actions through LIFE09 NAT/GR/000323 project which is coordinating.
    The objective of our LIFE+ Biodiversity project is to establish integrated planning methods and management capable of enhancing biodiversity whilst remaining compatible with sustainable economic and social development.
    I believe that our experience could give added value in your proposal. In case there is mutual interest from your side, please contact me at kosterzis@mese.gr.
    Regards,
    Kostis

Simone Taddei

Dear colleague,

I am writing on behalf of Associazione Borghi Autentici d’Italia, an Italian non-profit Association that gathers more tha 240 small and medium sized Municipalities, mostly localized in rural and mountain areas.
    We are searching partners to submit a proposal based on social innovation in agricolture, which involves both enterprises and Local Authorities. Having read about your proposal, I think that the project idea is very interesting and coherent with ours, could you be interested in having our Organization as partner? We could involve both LAs and enterprises, and as Association we could provide our expertise in participated processes leading to Living Labs.

Kind regards,

Simone Taddei
    taddei@borghiautenticiditalia.it

Dear colleague,

The province of Granada (Southeast of Spain) is mainly rural and agriculture is one of its main activities.

I write you from the Provincial Council of Granada, a local public administration that is the government of the province and that represents 172 municipalities. We have a department specifically devoted to support agrarian sector, one more whose target is to give support to our companies (almost all of them are SMEs).
    We work in close collaboration with main stakeholders of the territory.

Your project idea seems to fit with our territorial interests. So we would be interested on receiving some more information about it.

We have great experience on designing and implementing European projects, as leaders and as partners, in most of European Programmes, SUDOE among them. And several of such projects were directed targeted to agrarian sector. We recently created a cluster for the innovation of agriculture- food sector, devoted to give support of its SMEs.

You can find attached a document with more information about our organisation and our experience in European projects.

You can find below our data in case you may want to contact us:

Trinidad Manrique de Lara Vílchez
    trinim@dipgra.es
    Tel.: +34 958 804947

Ana

Dear Moccelli,
    I cannot find any contact details to contact you directly.
    We are interested in knowing more about your project. Please contact me if you are still looking for partners asuarez(at)ceeicadiz.com

GAL del Ducato
    Participant

Dear “Moccelli”,

The Local Action Group del Ducato is a not for profit organization (not performing economic activities on the market, public equivalent body) established with the aim to promote the economic development of Parma and Piacenza territories (Emilia-Romagna Region, North of Italy), acting both as Local Development Agency and Local Action Group according to the LEADER and Community-led local development approaches. The LAG gathers together 31 local partner organizations both public and private in the area (http://galdelducato.it/il-territorio/), including 59 Municipalities in the two Provinces (http://galdelducato.it/i-soci/), for a total of over 138.000 inhabitants and a surface of 3.904,91 square kilometers.

In general terms, the main areas of interest and work are related to the actions foreseen by GAL del Ducato Local Action Plan, divided in two macro-areas, notably:
    • Agriculture and rural development
    o Agri-food products:
     Production, processing and transformation (including waste management)
     Logistics, distribution, marketing and selling of small local productions
    o Sustainable management of forests:
     Forest certification
     Multifunctional forest use

Looking forward to cooperate with you,
    Kind regards,

Carla Cavallini
    programmazione@galdelducato.it

Matjaž Fras – Styrian Technology Park

Dear Mrs.Moccelli!
    I am writing you on the behalf of STYRIAN TECHNOLOGY PARK – Regional Centre for Technology Development & Business Support Centre and Incubator from Slovenia.

We would be very interested to be a part of your consortium. We have more than 20 years of experience on R&D&I projects, also extensive on LIVING LAB’s approach and its integration, together with RURAL Development!
    For example some directly correlated references of our EU projects work:
    • CENTRALAB – Central European Living Lab for Territorial Innovation (Central Europe programme, I was a project coordinator)
    • OPEN ALPS – Open Innovation Labs in Alpine Space area (Alpine Space programme, external experts)
    • NO-BLE IDEAS – Young Innovators Network for Sustainable Ideas in the Agro-Food Sector (SEE programme, project coordinator)
    • INNO-RURAL Network – Innovation and entrepreneurship in rural areas (project coordinator).

More about our institution and main references, you can find in our Short Profile, available on following link: “STP Short Profile”

We are looking forward to your reply. For further communication, do not hesitate to contact me immediately!

Thank you in advance and kind regards from Slovenia,

Matjaž FRAS, M.Sc.
    Head of Regional Center for Technology Development | International Project Manager
    STYRIAN TECHNOLOGY PARK – Regional Centre for Technology Development & Business Support Centre and Incubator
    matjaz@stp.si

José María Martín Civantos

Dear Ms. Moccelli,
    I’m professor at the University of Granada (Spain) and the coordinator of the FP7 MEMOLA project: Mediterranean Mountainous Landscapes. An historical approach to cultural heritage based on traditional agrosystems” (www.memolaproject.eu). Since many years we’re working with local communities, mainly with historical and traditional irrigation systems and the collectives that manage those spaces and water for agriculture.

As you can see in the web site, MEMOLA is a multi-layered interdisciplinary project based on historical-cultural agroecosystems as a driver for a sustainable development. We have contacts and work with many local communities, farmers, companies, associations and other stakeholders. We also work the Faculty of Agronomy at the University of Cordoba (Spain) and some other institutions that may be interesting for you.

We are interested in the kind of approach that LIRICA proposes. We could also coordinate and collaborate with the Provincial Council of Granada that also wrote you some days ago (Trinidad Manrique de Lara Vílchez). I think that would be a good opportunity.

Thank you very much

Best regards

José María Martín Civantos
    University of Granada
    civantos@ugr.es
    Tfn.: +34 645011680
    http://www.memolaproject.eu
    http://www.patrimonioguadix.es

Agrocluster
    Participant

Dear Ms. Moccelli,

I´m writting you on behalf of Agrocluster Ribatejo Portugal, we are a cluster of companies, R&D entities and municipalitys in the Ribatejo region of Portugla. At the moment we are 123 members from all the value chain of Agro-industry. we are very much interested in this topics of a Living Lab, which we consider to be quite a chalenge and that we help a lot our region.

Please, check our website: http://www.agrocluster.com, and the document attached.I ‘m available for a skype meeting, please contact me at: geral@agrocluster.com

Best regards,

Ana Araújo

UncemPiemonte
    Participant

Dear Ms Moccelli,
    my name is Dario Santo and I write you on behalf of UNCEM Piemonte, a public association representing 553 mountain Municipalities, 22 Mountain Communities and 5 Provinces of the whole Piedmont Region, covering the 46% of the regional territory.

UNCEM Piemonte has a great experience in European Project management, thanks to participation to many Alpine Space and Central Europe projects in the past programming period.
    Among those project, Demochange (Alpine Space) can be considered particularly interesting for your cause, since it had the objective of studying the demographic change in rural area in order to develop proper strategies of spatial planning, reinforce authorities & stakeholders and boost regional development.

You can find attached a document with further projects and contact information.
    Best regards,

Dario Santo

progettiuncempiemonte@gmail.com

Attachments:
    1. UNCEM-Piemonte.pdf
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Social & Creative’ is closed to new topics and replies.