Competitiveness of SMEs in the rural area

MED Community Forums Partner search – Modular projects Biodiversity protection Competitiveness of SMEs in the rural area

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Flavia 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

carlo diaferia

Topic: Supporting transition of rural areas towards a efficient economy, promoting green growth, innovation and environmental performance management. Supporting the capacity of SMEs to engage in growth in regional and international markets and in innovation processes (Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), protection of the soil, sustainable products, traceability of products).
    Main Objectives: The central idea is to share the GMP for promoting the entrepreneurship of the SMEs and to initiate actions for local innovative solutions about breeding, feeding and meat products (pork, sheep, goat). All partners through the exchange of good practices and searching new solutions will initiate actions for improving the internationalization of the SMEs and improving their competitiveness through a transfer of best practices and incorporation of innovative solutions.
    Partners involved : Regional development Agencies and Centre, Technological and Innovation Centre, SMEs, Universities and Research Centers, Farmer associations, National and Regional Authorities

carlo diaferia

SSICA – Experimental Station for Food Preserving Industry – is a public Institution for applied research in Parma, with the specific aim of promoting the technical and technological progress of the SMEs. SSICA performs important activities to support and assistance to enterprises operating both in the food sector and in food-related sectors. An important activity of SSICA is the dissemination of knowledge regarding process control, quality improvement, sustainability, biodiversity. SSICA has a big experience in National and International projects, on different project programs and of different disciplines and has previous experience in MED projects .
    Topic: Supporting transition of rural areas towards a efficient economy, promoting green growth, innovation and environmental performance management. Supporting the capacity of SMEs to engage in growth in regional and international markets and in innovation processes (Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), protection of the soil, sustainable products, traceability of products).

Main Objectives: The central idea is to share the GMP for promoting the entrepreneurship of the SMEs and to initiate actions for local innovative solutions about breeding, feeding and meat products (pork, sheep, goat). All partners through the exchange of good practices and searching new solutions will initiate actions for improving the internationalization of the SMEs and improving their competitiveness through a transfer of best practices and incorporation of innovative solutions.

JOSE MORAN

My name is Jose Moran and I represent the Farmers Union of the Valencia Region ( La Unió) and The Valencia Institute for Agro-Environmental Research and Training ( IVIFA) .
    I am writing because we have read with great interest your proposal to the project first call and would like to participate in the consortium.
    We are the most important agro-rural cluster in the Valencia region. As La Unió ( http://www.launio.org) We represent about 60% of all professional farmers Valencia with more than 6,000 farmers, with 60 branches spread throughout of Valencia, and a staff that covers all types of professionals as lawyers, agricultural engineers, economists and several types of technicians.
    As IVIFA we represent the bridge between in Universities ( 5 Universities) in the rural territories of our region, with a large history ( from year 2000) of studies, simposiums, workshops and publications ( http://www.ivifa.org)
    We have already worked on projects both European territorial cooperation Interreg IVC, Locfood, http://www.locfood.no as in Life ( project Fertilife, priority climate) and in several Leonardo da Vinci http://www.slmsc-project.eu/es/ and wwww.streetfood.eu.com. and especially in terms of this proposal our Erasmus project “Partnership for Biodiversity Protection in Viticulture in Europe”. We believe we can provide a reliable management and the know-how needed to help the drafting of the proposal.
    Referring to the proposal that we want to review the most important Valencia reference in terms of advice to the rural territories through our offices and headquarters , in this sense La Unió is , in fact, the voice of the rural communities in our region taking part in all the LAG (8) representing 337 municipalities and being a very active part in the design of the strategic plans for each one of them.
    In terms of your proposal, we can offer a very big platform of places for Alert check points and professionals for to make measures of pluviometry hydrogeological instability and safety of the slopes and another climatology factors and pushing to introduce improvements in the rural communities for preventing disasters.
    Just a final note, along different projects we have developed a powerful network of contacts and experience in dissemination of results.
    We believe that in relation to its proposal we can make our great transferring/diffusion capacity, which is an essential aspect in MED, both among our members, also all the Spanish State through the Union of Farmers Unions and among many different types of professionals, from university graduates through IVIFA, and public agencies, municipalities, and several other professional organizations.
    If you think our organization can be interesting as a part of the consortium, please don´t hesitate in contact me, my email is: jmoran@launio.org
    Many thanks in advance,
    Best regards,
    JOSE MORAN. EU PROJECTS COORDINATOR.

ismini_ch
    Participant

Dear Carlo,

I am writing to you on behalf of the Region of Thessaly in Greece.

Your project idea is one of high interest to us, since Thessaly Region has a big tradition in breeding mainly sheep and goats. New ways in breeding, feeding and meat production might be the way to outrun the european economic crisis.

Our R&D team has a big experience in EU projects, on different project programs and of different disciplines and has previous experience in MED projects.

If you are interested in having the Region as a partner, please contact me Ismini Chatzilamprou at: topoismini@gmail.com and Mrs. Mata Papadimopoulou at: s.papadimopoulou@thessaly.gov.gr . I will be at your disposal for any further information you might need.

Best regards,
    Ismini

Theodoros Patsoules

Dear Sir,
    On behalf of DEPAN, a Hellenic Development City Network, which was established in June 2015 as an initiative of twenty three sponsoring organizations in Greece who gave financial support to the Network in its first year of operations, I express our interest to participate in your partnership.
    DEPAN involves a number of local authorities from the Greek mainland and island area and also Europe, who are joining forces in order to develop and effectively manage public services and infrastructure and to respond optimally to the needs of citizens by providing better quality services and boosting local development.
    DEPAN was registered with the Headquarter office of Athens on 2 July 2015 as the:
    “Hellenic Development City Network” (non-profit association).

Waiting for your response.

Best regards
    Theodoros Patsoules
    Head of European Cooperation Department
    Email: t.pats@yahoo.gr
    Mob. 0030 6933 001511

carlo diaferia

Dear All,
    Thank you for your interest for the idea “Competitiveness of SMEs in the rural areas” on MED Community. I think the partnership could include 4/5 European states and should be extended to partner French, Slovenian and Croatian. The time for submitting proposals are tight but not impossible. We try to expand the partnership and identify those who might be the leader partner, involving also regional development agencies and Farmer associations . I send this email also to Ksenija Napast for her contribution .
    Operatively is necessary to organize a proposal according to the format of the call by developing the topics that may refer to the Priority Axis 1: Innovation Promoting Mediterranean Innovation Capacity to develop smart and sustainable growth .
    Some Main Objectives to be addressed: a) consolidation of existing knowledge on facilitators and challenges of food SMEs. b) Provide insight on the current level of food production and agro-food waste management in selected value chains. c) d) Provide evidence of the current and potential role of small farms in enhancing food security in different environments. e) Identify new, sustainable, development models in the agro-food sector. f) Identify ways of empowering the local communities around the small farms, thus ensuring long term sustainable growth and Food and Nutrition Security (FNS) enhancement (increased disposable income of the people and farmers in the area) particularly for the rural areas. g)………………………………
    We try to give each of us a contribution by sharing ideas and identifying a coordinator .
    I wait your ideas .
    Thanks

Flavia

It seems extremely late but Having read your call for partners, I would be pleased to express our Albanian organization interest on being involved in this partnership – acting as partner.
    Albanian Association of Industrial Environmentalist,
    http://www.srcit.org

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Biodiversity protection’ is closed to new topics and replies.